Meet Carly - Mom of 3, helping moms navigate a cleaner lifestyle through label reading & holistic healing
1. What does the word "style" mean to you? - Style is a way to express yourself and let people see a taste of who you are on the inside. I think the right outfit can send your confidence soaring and help you shine your light a little brighter.
2. How would you describe your personal style? - My personal style is a mix of things. I love to change it up from flirty and feminine clothing to practical and cute athletic attire.
3. As a mom to 3, how do you incorporate style into your daily routine? - When I first became a stay at home mom, I didn't put in much to effort to getting myself dressed and ready for the day. Then as time went on I started to feel like I was losing myself and things were out of control. Now, my approach is totally different! If I can get up and get myself dressed in the mornings I feel more confident in myself and know that I've accomplished something. It really helps set the tone for the day as a stay at home mom!
4. How important is it for your kiddos to develop their own personal style? - Each of my children has a different personality and it is fun to watch them express that in their clothing. When we go shopping it always surprises me when they pick something out because it's usually not what I would have picked, it's better!
5. What are three must-haves every woman needs in her closet? - Three must haves would definitely be a jean jacket, a flirty dress, and cute pair of tennis shoes. Each of these is so versatile and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
6. Who/what inspires you? - I'm most inspired by the women who came before us, mainly my mom and my grandmothers. These women didn't have all the luxurious appliances and devices we have today and yet they still accomplished so much in their lives. If they could do it back then, I know I can do it now!
7. What is your favorite part about being a blogger/influencer? How do you wish people to feel after visiting your Instagram page? - I always want to help people feel like they can accomplish something. If you want to do something or learn something, then just give it a try! No one is an expert the first time around! I can tell you from experience that where I started is vastly different than where I am right now. All you need is a little faith, confidence and courage and you can change your whole life!
8. Have you experienced "imposter syndrome?" If so, how do you handle it? - Absolutely! It's always so easy to get caught up in a negative thought process especially when you compare yourself to others. I always try to look for the positives remind myself that for every one person who is judging you, there are ten other people wishing they had your courage. Be proud of the things you have accomplished. Be bold. Be brave. And most importantly just be yourself!
9. What advice would you give your younger self on life, love & style? - Always put God first and everything else will follow! So many things that were impossible became possible by trusting, even when it was super hard. If you know in your heart it's the right thing to do, keep going. Have faith in God and yourself. As long as you believe in those two things, you can't go wrong.
10. Share something that people might not know about you… - I'm actually a very quiet person! When I was younger I always struggled with confidence and never wanted to be noticed. Once I stopped caring about what everyone thought and followed my heart I finally gained the confidence to share my story. I never wanted to be the one behind the camera! I'm slowly getting more comfortable but I can promise you that talking on camera is definitely not a natural talent of mine!
Follow Carly on Instagram @xoxocarlynicole